STAINES-UPON-THAMES, United Kingdom, March 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Mallinckrodt plc (NYSE: MNK), a leading specialty pharmaceutical company, announced today it has been recognized as a Frost & Sullivan Manufacturing Leadership Award winner for its outstanding achievement in three categories – Operational Excellence Leadership, Supply Chain Leadership and Sustainability Leadership.
The company's Hobart, N.Y., manufacturing site earned all three awards through its highly successful implementation of key two-year initiatives designed to enhance multiple aspects of its manufacturing operations. These projects included:
- Operational Excellence: The management team set the goal to become the agile supplier of choice while engaging employees in a culture focused on serving customers through sustainable delivery of high quality products. They developed a forward-looking strategy, identifying areas for improvement and taking strong actions to ensure the established objectives were met.
- Supply Chain: Working collaboratively across the plant, as well as with commercial and other support functions, and benefiting from operational changes, the team implemented process modifications in inventory forecasting and scheduling. These resulted in value-added customer service and more effective cost management.
- Sustainability: The Hobart leadership team manages sustainability through a site-wide governance process to ensure they are thoroughly embracing manufacturing processes that are non-polluting, conserve energy and natural resources, and are economically sound and safe for employees, communities, and consumers.
"We are very pleased our Hobart site has been recognized by Frost & Sullivan's Manufacturing Leadership Council for manufacturing excellence in not just one but three categories," said Dr. Frank Scholz, Executive Vice President, Global Operations and President, Specialty Generics for Mallinckrodt. "The team has worked hard these past few years to enhance processes and outcomes at the site, and we are proud of the employees' efforts to ensure we are a supplier of choice when it comes to these important products."
Mallinckrodt will be recognized at the 14th Annual Manufacturing Leadership Awards Gala, which is to be held on the last day of the Manufacturing Leadership Summit, June 11-13, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa in Huntington Beach, Calif.
Mallinckrodt is a global business that develops, manufactures, markets and distributes specialty pharmaceutical products and therapies. Areas of focus include autoimmune and rare diseases in specialty areas like neurology, rheumatology, nephrology, pulmonology and ophthalmology; immunotherapy and neonatal respiratory critical care therapies; analgesics and gastrointestinal products. The company's core strengths include the acquisition and management of highly regulated raw materials and specialized chemistry, formulation and manufacturing capabilities. The company's Specialty Brands segment includes branded medicines and its Specialty Generics segment includes specialty generic drugs, active pharmaceutical ingredients and external manufacturing. To learn more about Mallinckrodt, visit www.mallinckrodt.com.
Mallinckrodt uses its website as a channel of distribution of important company information, such as press releases, investor presentations and other financial information. It also uses its website to expedite public access to time-critical information regarding the company in advance of or in lieu of distributing a press release or a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission disclosing the same information. Therefore, investors should look to the Investor Relations page of the website for important and time-critical information. Visitors to the website can also register to receive automatic e-mail and other notifications alerting them when new information is made available on the Investor Relations page of the website.
About the Frost & Sullivan Manufacturing Leadership Awards
The Manufacturing Leadership Awards, now in their 14th year, honor manufacturing companies and individual manufacturing leaders that are shaping the future of global manufacturing. Winning projects and individual manufacturing leaders have demonstrated achievement in one of a wide range of categories, and are chosen by a panel of expert judges for results that have delivered clear and compelling value, return on investment, and other tangible outcomes. There will be several winners in each category, including one High Achiever's Award in each category, as well as a 2018 Manufacturer of the Year for both small and large enterprises. Also unveiled at the Gala will be the ML Awards Manufacturing Leader of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Award winners.
The theme for the 14th Annual Manufacturing Leadership Summit is "Accelerating the Transformation to Manufacturing 4.0." The event enables senior-level executives in all aspects of manufacturing an opportunity to network with and learn from the best minds in the industry.
For more information on the Manufacturing Leadership Awards or the Manufacturing Leadership Summit, please go to www.mlsummit.com.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Frost & Sullivan's "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to their clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes their 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as their global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, Frost & Sullivan has been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. http://www.frost.com.
Daniel J. Speciale, CPA
Investor Relations and Strategy Officer
Senior Communications Manager
Chief Public Affairs Officer
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mallinckrodt-recognized-as-manufacturing-leadership-awards-2018-winner-300614080.html
SOURCE Mallinckrodt plc