Science and Technology
Portfolio expansion is a strategic priority for our Science and Technology organization. We are committed to both developing new medicines and generating relevant clinical, health economic and outcomes data that extends the durability of our in-line brands. Mallinckrodt is building on its legacy expertise, especially in formulation technologies and the challenging management of controlled substances, and expanding and deepening our clinical development capabilities. We currently have over two dozen programs, in various stages of development, across our key areas of focus- Specialty Generics, Acute and Critical Care, and Autoimmune and Rare Diseases.
Mallinckrodt's Specialty Brands include medicines for pain management, actute and critical care, autoimmune and rare diseases. Our primary focus for the latter includes the therapeutic areas of neurology, rheumatology, nephrology and pulmonology. Our Specialty Generics include specialty generic pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) consisting of biologics, medicinal opioids, synthetic controlled substances, acetaminophen and other active ingredients, and manufacturing capabilities.
Mallinckrodt has the ability to master and manage complexity based on our extensive capabilities and unique combinations of strengths.
- Formulation, Research and Development - Expertise in specialized chemistry, biology and formulation research and development.
- Clinical Development - Capabilities include design and execution of trials that extend across all phases of development, including complex bioequivalence studies.
- Medical Affairs - Deep therapeutic and disease area expertise in conditions across our diverse business. Excellence in medical strategy, interactions with thought leaders and effective scientific communication.
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) - Expanding capabilities in the area of HEOR in order to gain deeper understanding of our markets and to maximize the value of our medicines to Health Care Providers.
- Regulatory Affairs - Experience navigating the complex terrain associated with regulatory oversight of a broad and growing porfolio, with substantial and specialized expertise managing the production, handling and distribution of controlled substances.